Sunday, April 7, 2013

Vegan Meltdown

Week one went off without a hitch!

OK, that was a complete lie. There were several minor incidents and meltdowns. I was craving chocolate, cookies, and cheese in a serious way. At one point I even tweeted that I would would settle for...."a stick of butter for the love of christo!!!!" I know, a little dramatic. But let's also recall what my body was accustomed to consuming during my prior week's binge. Right. My bad. 

In addition to having severe cravings, there were a few occasions where Jason and I (I should also mention that he is taking the vegan challenge with me) had no idea what to eat. We went to pick up lunch on Saturday and just sat in the car for about 15 minutes trying to figure out where to go. We ended up at Chipotle; I think it will be our trusted standby. We really need to work on getting a few more dishes into the rotation.  

When the cravings finally got to be too much, we went on a late night search for vegan ice cream. How can a grocery store not have any? What about all the lactose intolerant people in the world? Price Chopper did not deliver. We did, however, find these little gems. Vegan friendly and a warning on the back that reads - excessive consumption may cause a laxative effect. So there's that.


No comments:

Post a Comment