Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Last Supper

I made my decision: vegan for 30 days...at least. I'd like to say it will be for the rest of my life, but let's be honest here, that is a MASSIVE commitment, and I'm just not there yet. But I'm ready for a change, I'm ready to drop some poundage, and I'm ready for my chronic migraines to be gone for good!

The days preceding my "Last Supper," set appropriately on Easter, were full of binge eating. I realize that is counterproductive since I mentioned losing weight...but, priorities people. I wanted to taste and savor every last food I loved one more time. Oklahoma Joe's pulled pork sandwich. Little Caesars pepperoni pizza. Pistachio almond gelato. Spinach and paneer with yogurt. A variety of omelets. More pizza. Blue Bell Moo-llennium Crunch ice cream. Snickers. And seriously, I could go on. 

Easter came and I was feeling pretty good. Throughout the day, I visited and revisited my Easter basket to pull out a chocolate egg here, an Almond Joy there. I ate my fill of ham, brisket, butter-filled mashed potatoes, and pie. Dinner was a great success, and what better way to go out than by eating your mom's home-cooked meal? I was content and headed home for the night.

A few hours and a minor freak out later, I ended up in the drive thru line at McDonald's. Despite everything I had eaten that day and that week, I asked myself, "Does a double cheeseburger and chocolate shake seem like a good idea???" YES! Best idea of my entire life... 

...7 minutes later I was beyond stuffed and completely regretted my decision and the calories I had consumed. Oh well. I knew that was the end of the binge (thank god), and the end of meat, dairy, and animal products. Time to do this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment