Sunday, April 14, 2013

Half Way to Thirty

I've made it to the half way point! I'm amazed at how quickly the time has passed, and I'm even more shocked by the results I've seen. The first week was the hardest with the severe cravings (I still think my five day binge prior to starting the new diet may have contributed...). But now that I've settled into my new norm, I no longer crave sticks of butter or wheels of cheese. I have managed to find something to feed myself everyday, and I really haven't felt all that hungry.   

Overall Health: I feel absolutely incredible. Any cliche phrase you hear someone say when they have a new, healthy lifestyle...that's me right now. I have massive amounts of energy, have been told my hair and skin look shiny and healthy, and just generally feel better. 

Weight: I was down 8 pounds on Saturday, but then I drank wine and as a result HAD to eat McDonald's french fries (what? sue me), which landed me at 7 for the official weigh-in. Still pretty darn good.

Migraines: The jury is still out on this one. I have had a few but will have to continue tracking for the rest of the month to make a determination.

Hot Tip: When eating out, it is important to ask questions about how the food is prepared and what ingredients are used. If you do not do this, you will most likely end up ingesting a food item that is not on the vegan approved list. Like, perhaps, fish sauce in Pad Thai. So just be careful about that.



No comments:

Post a Comment