Monday, August 19, 2013

Down with Salads!

Lunch

I've mentioned before that I have never loved salads. I have had a few select noteworthy salads, but generally speaking, they're not my favorite. There's just something about eating a salad that feels, well, really healthy and not very fun. Individually I love the ingredients, but when they are tossed together in a bowl, it just feels like such a chore to get them down. Some days I struggle through, but some days (like today) I flat out refuse.

Sun dried tomato and basil tortilla

When a salad is not an appealing option, a wrap does the trick. I load it up with all of the veggies I would have put in my salad. Instead of salad dressing (which is usually fatty and full of preservatives and other junk), I use protein-packed hummus to add moisture and extra flavor. I assemble my wrap the night before and do a tight “Chipotle roll” in a square of foil. In the morning, I grab the wrap and hit the road. 

Red pepper hummus, kelp noodles, mushrooms, tomato, cucumber, spinach

When I pull the wrap out at lunch time, it's cold, crisp, and oh so delicious.


3 comments:

  1. THOSE PHOTOS!!! Lovin' it!!! And we're salad sisters... I'm totally the same EXACT way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your post about salads the other day - too funny!!! I really do feel like they're the worst!

      Delete
  2. THOSE PHOTOS!!! Lovin' it!!! And we're salad sisters... I'm totally the same EXACT way.

    ReplyDelete