Monday, July 8, 2013

The Adventure Continues...

Hi everyone, I apologize for the hiatus. Life has been pretty busy over the last month. I left my company of six years and am on a new adventure! I'm working in an entirely different industry which is proving to be challenging yet exhilarating. I'm surrounded by people who are passionate about what we do, and I feel completely re-energized. I’m thrilled to be part of such an incredible organization. Thanks to my dream team for inspiring me to take a risk and make a change (Jason, DRob, Chrissy, and Abby)! Dare to Dream is right!

Starting at a new job while being vegan for only a short time had me a little nervous. What if there’s a welcome lunch? What if it’s at KFC? What if they order in pizza? Am I going to have to sit there awkwardly and not eat anything? Very quickly upon my arrival, my questions were answered and my fears calmed. I tipped the scale. With me in the group, the vegetarians outnumber the meat eaters! I no longer have to worry about team outings, events, etc. There are always several delicious and healthy veg-friendly options.

My second week on the job, my team had a Western Indian food day (several of my co-workers are from India). They brought in something called missal for us to enjoy. And enjoy it I did!!!


Traditionally, missal is served as a snack. It consists of lentils cooked in aromatic spices, then layered with chopped onion, tomato, cilantro, chutney, roasted peanuts, and what Jason and I call “Indian crunch.” To me, it seems like the perfect Super Bowl party or potluck food. How easy to keep the lentils in the crock pot then let everyone assemble it in their bowl like chili. I’ll have to get the recipe.

Speaking of recipes, G and J Indian recipes coming soon! And they’re legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment